Chicken soup is a completely different soup than what we are used to. It is considered a very complete food because of all its ingredientsIt does not require any attendant. On this occasion, let’s prepare a Venezuelan chupe de pollo recipe, which will become our favorite appetizer for every meal. It stands out with the content of cream and cheese on top, which give it a special effect. In addition, its nutritional contribution is very high, so it is worth considering including it in our weekly diet.
Chicken is considered one of the most nutritious foods which exist. High protein content, high biological value, with all essential amino acids. It is a source of minerals such as iron, which increases the production of calcium, which is important for red blood cells and bones. It also contains zinc, potassium, sodium and magnesium.
To prepare the Venezuelan chicken cutlet:
- Wash the potatoes and carrots, then cut them in small cubes. If you want, you can leave the skin on or peel it off first.
- Cut the white cheese in the same way and set aside.
- Fill a pot with water and heat it.
- Add the chicken breasts, two bell peppers, a quarter of the onion, chopped cloves, crushed and powdered garlic, coriander, chicken broth and salt. Add the potatoes and carrots.
- While they are cooking, heat a pan with oil.
- Cut the remaining onion into julienne strips, the other two peppers in small pieces.
- Bake together with the sprigs of chives or parsley, but without browning.
- When the breasts are cooked, remove them from the juice and slice them.
- Then add all the sofrito and the chicken breast to the pot with the soup.
- Let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- We’ll know it’s ready when the potatoes are cooked.
- The final salt point is corrected.
- Serve the chicken breast on a plate and in each add the cream.
- Place the cheese cubes on top and you’re done.
This delicious Venezuelan chicken recipe is a total delight. Not only the taste, but also the texture of the cream and cheese is incredible.