For the chicken meatballs
- Add the onion and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Pour the chicken broth, fennel seeds, salt, carrots and potatoes into the pot and cook over low heat.
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Form golf ball-sized meatballs with your hands, about 2 tablespoons each, and carefully place them in the dish. Note: Since there are no breadcrumbs in this meatball mixture, it is quite moist. Wet your hands so they don’t stick.
- Boil the soup for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach until it softens and serve.
This recipe is from here chicken and vegetable meatball soup It’s like the chicken soup our grandmothers used to make to recover from colds. It is powerful and has the charm of instantly making us feel good, it copes with all the cold by giving us back the warmth that comforts our body and soul. I did the vegetable soup with chicken meatballs with plenty of broth to enjoy spoon by spoonful.