In our country, the edible entrails of birds are called offal. For example, the heart, gizzard, liver, which if you buy a whole chicken at the butcher, these parts are usually put in a bag. That way this quinoa soup is made with chicken, and how it is used, not necessarily with liver or gizzards, which are included when available. Better with leftover chicken, which is better that way.
On the other hand, quinoa is increasingly flying everywhere. This pseudo-cereal, which is actually a seed but treated as a grain, is native to the Andes and is distributed between Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. It contains all the essential amino acids and is rich in protein like milk. In fact, the average protein content of the grain is 16% and can reach up to 23%, which is considered an exceptional food. Its fat content is between 4-9%, but half of it is linoleic acid, which is essential for health. It was one of the main foods of the Andean peoples, along with potatoes, and can now be found anywhere in the world.
How to make a gravies and quinoa soup:
- Shred the chicken, removes bones and skin. The pieces of meat should be small, bite-sized or even smaller.
- Put it in a pan heat the broth together with the chopped chicken.
- Peel and cut the carrots cut into small squares and add to the pan.
- Following, cut the bell pepper brunoise and the mushrooms into squares Smalls. First add the pepper and then the mushroom for the broth
- cover and leave cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Wash the quinoa under the tap and add to the pan. Cover again and cook for 10 minutes or until everything is cooked and well incorporated.
- When the time is up, add the peas freeze and cook for another 5 minutes. Using fresh peas is even better.
- rectifies the salt and add the spices (oregano and turmeric), but you can also add herbs from Provence, parsleyetc.
We serve this quinoa-meat soup warm, accompanied by a tomato salad and slices of country bread, because what remains on the plate is very delicious.