This recipe makes 4-6 servings
Preparation time: 40 minutes
– 250 g of French lentils 4 mm
– 1 medium onion
– 1 medium carrot
– 1 medium red bell pepper
– 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 teaspoon full dressing
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 500 ml of chicken or vegetable soup
– 400 grams of portobello mushrooms, small and medium, uniform size
1. Cut the vegetables into brunoise or small cubes and fry them in olive oil in a pan over medium heat until softened and slightly browned.
2. Add the tomato paste and fry until it turns from a deep red to a terracotta shade. Add the spices and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the lens (if using lenses larger than 4mm, soak for 8-12 hours or overnight).
3. Mix the flavors together and cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes until the lentils are tender, taking care not to dry them out and adding more liquid if necessary.
4. When the lentils are cooked, blend them with a stick blender, filter them through a fine filter and adjust the texture to taste with more broth or milk, adjusting the seasoning accordingly.
5. When serving, slice the mushrooms and fry them in a pan with a little olive oil in a single layer over high heat.
6. Turn and brown the other side, then when browned, add salt and pepper and repeat seasoning the soup with the same spices.
7. Serve with croutons, the roasted mushrooms, a drizzle of olive oil and optional radish sprouts for color.