Home-made lentil stew with cauliflower, besides being a fairly cheap recipe, is also very nutritious. The seed of this food comes from a plant called lens esculenta, it was originally cultivated in Asia Minor around 8,000 or 9,000 years ago, during the Neolithic Age. While during the Roman Empire, this food was dried to make it last longer and make delicious recipes all year round.
Likewise, this homemade cauliflower lentil stew also has great nutrients. For example, lentils provide 18 grams of protein and 1 gram of fat, as well as 40 grams of carbohydrates and 16 grams of fiber, plus they have no cholesterol and little salt. While cauliflower can be said to be one of the ideal vegetables for iron absorption. It is also an excellent source of fiber and is very beneficial due to its high content of C and B vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin and B6.
- The first thing you need to do in your recipe for homemade cauliflower lentil stew peel the carrots and cut them into slices. Place the quartered onions in the varoma pot with the garlic and it’s time to add the olive oil. Continue by turning the bowl on, mixing for 6 seconds, then on speed 5.
- Although legumes traditionally had to be soaked the day before, these types of products are now usually treated and developed. In addition, since its cultivation, more tender varieties of legumes have also been marketed. In fact, only chickpeas and some varieties of beans and lentils would require pre-soaking today.
- Cut the cauliflower by separating the florets and discard the stem or let it cook in vegetable soup.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pour water over the lentils with 2 fingers. The next thing will be to program for 45 minutes at a temperature of 100, spoon speed, turning to the left.
- At this point, the recipe for homemade cauliflower lentil stew is ready, but if you like the stew thicker, program it for another 10 minutes. Fix the salt and serve this delicious and easy recipe to your guests.
Make this recipe for your guests and surprise them with your cooking skills. Don’t hesitate to share this delicious recipe with your friends and acquaintances! I’m sure you’ll find it very interesting too.