How to make homemade chicken soup with tortellini, carrots and kale, you can add any vegetables you like or have available.
- chicken carcasses
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 sweet peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- pepper to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 80 grams of tortellini
- A bunch of spinach or kale
- a few sprigs of coriander
- parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Put approx. in a pot. 8 cups of water and cook the chicken bodies on medium heat, remove the resulting foam, add the vegetables, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place on a plate to cool slightly. Add the tortellini and kale and cook for another 10 minutes. When the chicken is at handling temperature, remove as much meat from the carcass as possible and add to the broth with the vegetables, discarding the bones and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, reduce the heat and let it rest, covered, for 3-5 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired, enjoy!
- You can add whatever vegetables we like or have available, as well as one egg (without shell) per meal.
- You can use any part of the chicken and cook it whole in the soup.
- We accompany the soup with bread or crackers, I with tomato bread.
With information from Biscuits and Sancochos