- In a medium skillet, cook the diced pancetta over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Take it out with a slotted spoon (the cooking bottom of the bacon must be reserved) and place it on a plate lined with a paper towel; reserve.
- In the same pan and over the pancetta fat in the reserved bacon fat. Add the minced leek and garlic and cook until the leek softens, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the leek mixture and stir until just incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes along with the chicken broth, milk and cream. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are very soft.
- Add the potatoes along with the broth, milk and cream. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are very soft.
- Place half of the soup in a blender and blend until smooth (or use an immersion blender to add half of the soup to the bowl). Return the soup to the pot along with the pancetta, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- The creamy potato soup is served hot, sprinkled with chopped green onions, freshly ground pepper and a little cheese.
How to make creamy, thick and comforting potato soup? ANDits food is anti-cold, easy to prepare and so tempting that you cannot refuse, especially when winter is in full swing. It has potatoes, leeks, cheese, bacon and butter. There are several tricks to make it tastier, smoother, creamier, almost as thick as puree, but with the right amount of liquid to keep it a flavorful and liquid bowl of soup.