The cheese, broccoli and potato soup tastes delicious. This creamy recipe is a great way to add vegetables to your diet.
Have you tried Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup? Although it is not as well-known as other soups, it is an excellent consumption option on cool days.
That’s why we’re giving you a recipe that you can make at home without any major complications. Ready? Let’s eat it!
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe
Special, vegetable soups are a classic and simple way of consuming vegetables. Of course, depending on the ingredients added, these foods may or may not be healthy.
In addition, this way we can add vegetables that are not usually people’s favorites, such as cabbage. Fortunately, cheesy, broccoli and potato soup is one of those recipes where the flavor goes unnoticed.
- 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 30 grams of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup liquid milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 grams of pudding
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 medium potato
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 clove of garlic
Step by step
- The first step in preparing the recipe is to clean and prepare the vegetables. Wash the broccoli, potatoes, carrots and onions. Remove the peel with a knife or potato peeler, then cut into cubes of the same size.
- Then put all the vegetables except the broccoli in a large pot and pour plenty of hot water over it. Put it on the fire and cook for 15 minutes. Cook until the potatoes are soft and the onions are translucent.
- After this time, pour in the vegetable soup and cover again. Cook over low heat. Stir occasionally and add more broth if you notice it is evaporating more than necessary.
- Now is the time to add the broccoli. Do it and cook for another 5 minutes. Do not stop stirring or adjusting the amount of liquid.
- Then turn off the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Place the contents of the container in a stick blender or food processor.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into cubes or pass it through a grater so that it becomes strands. Add pepper, a pinch of salt (we think the cheese is already high in sodium), milk, cheddar and cream cheese.
- Turn on the equipment and wait until the entire mixture becomes homogeneous. Once done, return the contents to the pot and reheat.
- While it is heating, peel and cut the garlic cloves in half. Cut the celery stalk into small pieces. Then add this to the pot as well.
- On the other hand, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with water in a stream. Remember that it should be at room temperature so that no lumps form. Take a few minutes.
- then, put the pudding in the pot and season with nutmeg. Start mixing and add the dissolved cornstarch. When you do, it’s important not to stop stirring because this last ingredient will start to thicken the soup.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Once the food has the desired flavor and the texture is creamy, the broccoli and cheese potato soup is ready to eat.
- Finally, it remains to serve it in a deep dish and add the grated cheese. You can enjoy this delicious dish Serve with homemade bread or toast.
Try this delicious cheese, broccoli and potato soup
Nutritionists recommend one portion of raw vegetables and one cooked vegetable per day (400 grams per day).
Thus, organizations such as the Spanish Heart Foundation point out that vegetable-based soups and broths help with weight loss. to treat conditions such as fatty liver, high cholesterol and diabetesamong other metabolic pathologies.
It all depends on how they are made. In this sense, it can be mentioned that cheese, broccoli and potato soups have pudding and cheese cheddar cheese, fatty and high sodium foods. Which is why it is not recommended for people with high blood pressure, triglycerides and high cholesterol.
Of course there are variations that can be done. In addition to those mentioned, other vegetables can be added. Some examples are pumpkin, sweet potato and cauliflower.
One aspect to consider is that pudding, cream cheese and cheddar cheeseIn addition to adding flavor and texture, they also provide saturated fat. Because of this, the recipe can be heavy and cause indigestion. This is one aspect that sets it apart from other light soups.
However, go ahead and prepare, and remember that this is one of many options you can do. It has a taste that you won’t regret trying.
You might be interested…