This soup is better than Los Panchos trio live. It combines three of the world’s finest ingredients: garlic, cheese and beer.
Delicious and creamy bacon soup with cheese and beer, a very quick recipe that will surprise you. Flavors that awaken the senses because it contains ingredients that everyone, or almost everyone, likes.
My father cooked some dishes with beer, they were preparations for parties, birthdays, Christmas, that is why I attribute the “party” adjective to this delicious soup.
Alcohol enhances the enjoyment of food in two ways. First of all, it evaporates quickly, and therefore odors reach the nose more easily, which in turn improves the experience of the taste of food. Second, it binds to both fat and water, resulting in more flavor being dissolved and absorbed into all components of the food.
Which beer should you use? Don’t worry you will get all the details step by step with photos and videos. In any case, the intensity of the soup’s flavor depends on the beer, so you have to choose the best-tasting beer to get the full flavor of the soup.
- 1½ tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup of shelled corn
- 1 kilo of bacon
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. wheat flour
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon. optional tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon. Mustard
- 4 cups white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Step by step preparation
- In a pan, add one and a half tablespoons of olive oil and one cup of corn. Cook well, about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Reservation
- Bacon soup with cheese and beer Step 1
- In another pan, add a kilo of diced bacon, cook until crispy. Drain them in a deep bowl lined with absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- Take another pan and add half a cup of diced onion, two cloves of minced garlic, a sliced stalk of celery, a minced jalapeno, red bell pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for six to eight minutes.
- Bacon soup with cheese and beer Step 3
- Add four tablespoons of flour and cook for another two minutes. Add a cup of beer and cook until thick. Do not stop stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Bacon soup with cheese and beer Step 4
- After about 2 minutes, add the chicken broth and cream.
- Bacon soup with cheese and beer Step 5
- Now season with a tablespoon of smoked paprika, a tablespoon of Tabasco and a tablespoon of mustard. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add half of the bacon, diced Cheddar cheese and grated mozzarella. Stir until melted and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with the corn and the rest of the bacon.
Comedera with information